All participants registered for the Shape Up Montana 3-Month Challenge are automatically entered in the Virtual 5K.
The Virtual 5K takes place March 15 to May 1 (pick a day during that time frame). Guaranteed T-shirt Deadline: January 31 (after deadline t-shirts based on availability).
Shape Up Montana Virtual 5k run (3.1 miles) allows runners and walkers the flexibility of choosing their own time and place to participate. Participants can walk or run on a treadmill, in your neighborhood, on a trail, inside the mall or wherever you would like to go. What matters is that you get to walk or run your race, at your own pace and time your race. All participants receive a Shape up Montana t-shirt and bib. After completion of the walk/run, the time needs to be recorded and a commemorative Shape Up Montana medal will be mailed.
- a. A virtual race can be run (or walked!) anytime and anywhere, even indoors on a treadmill.
- a. Simply register for the run, complete the distance anytime and anywhere, then record your time on our website.
- a. Yes, anyone can participate in the virtual run (we encourage everyone to participate).
- a. No, you can do just the virtual run if you like. However, those that register for Shape Up Montana are automatically entered in the virtual run,
so if you want to do both you only need to register once.
- a. No. We know that most participants complete their run all at once,
but we understand that not everyone is able to complete a 5k distance in one outing.
Just keep track of your distance and time for each segment you do and after you have completed the total distance submit your total time.
- a. Our virtual 5k is based on the honor system so you can track your time however you like but keep in mind
that the only person you can cheat against in a virtual race is yourself.
Sounds great, let's get started!
You can register yourself for just the vitural 5K or create a team for Shape Up Montana and the whole team becomes automatically entered in both.
Since 1990 Montana has steadily increased in obesity among adults and children. Montana's adult obesity rate is currently 25.5 percent, up from 15.6 percent in 2000, and from 8.4 percent in 1990. The Big Sky State Games understands that these are trends we need to change. That's why we are encouraging all Montanans' to embrace the Shape Up Montana program.
- $10 Scheels Gift Card for First 500 Team Captains
- Smartphone App to Track Activity
- Weekly Challenge Rewards
- Monthly Reporting Rewards
- Prizes for Top Teams
- 3 Activity Divisions Offered
- Healthy Weight (Bonus Add-On)
- Weekly Motivational Articles/Videos
- Free T-Shirt
- Virtual Run/Walk